Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

SAISA Swimming
The SASIA swimming season is coming to the close and tomorrow on the 6th of October, the team will celebrate and commemorate this memorable experience.
In the beginning of the swimming season, I told myself, “Great. I got to swim now. Well, anything for the betterment of my basketball.” I was pretty close-minded. I deffenitly didn’t like swimming, and was not planning to enjoy the “torture in water” sessions thrice a week. I’m not going to lie, it was torture… for the first two weeks. I was literally, dying. 
I changed my mind. 
I was deffinetely not a water person, turns out, I really do like the water. It was a place i could clear my mind and think about things and relax. unlike team sports, you are not pressurized by your team to do better, if I fail, I fail my team mates as well. Disappointing, just myself, was somehow refreshing. 
And, no, I didn’t disappoint myself, because I felt proud that i had undertaken a new obstacle. It was something that brought me closer to people in my school, and I had gotten to know them so well through the course of the season. 
Even though swimming is not a team sport, you still have team mates that support you and cheer you on. Through this, we had built bonds with each other. Getting to know everyone personally as well as them competitively. Not forgetting, I got to travel by myself for the first time; I had to be responsible of my groups passports too, and responsible for where they are and what time they should be in places. I felt my leadership skills had grown tremendously, and I am more responsible than what I used to be. 
Studying. This was a challenge I had when i came back. SAISA swimming was too hard to deal with along with the subjects I had to recap on while I was away for two days of school. When i came back, I realized i had to study for a Physics test in two days relating on all what we had done this quarter, an english oral presentation, and a history essay re-write due. I had no time to do this during SAISA as there was absolutely no free time available. Next time, I have got to be more organized, and do all of the work before hand. 
SAISA football is next.
I start practice on friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment