Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Community Service Basketball
I am used to playing basketball with one team as in my past school i have been practicing for 10 years with the same team. Community service basketbal allows me to analyze different people’s strengths and weaknesses and for me to play accordingly. It also allows me to socialize with Sri lankans as OSC is considered a very “foreign” school in sri lanka, who doesn’t really interact with people from the host country. This is an outlet, and is a stepping stone for further connections between Osc and the host country.

The PE co-ordinator had requested me to look for sri lankan teams to help train the SAISA boys basketball as well, and hopefully get a Sri lankan coach. My opinion is that Sri Lankan coaches are more pushy, strict and fearful. I feel that this will give the kids in OSC the , “must win” attitude. I am sure that thinking that dong your best is important… but if one want to reach higher goals, one must have competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment