Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week Without Walls

Day One Reflection

Today we arrived at Hambantota. Another WWW… no wait, its actually my last WWW.
6 ours in a wan isnt the most productive use of my time, so NO CAS hours just yet… but I am really fulfilling my third Goal: bonding with my friends. 
Tomorrow’s PLAN
1. Play with kids
  • duck duck Goose
  • Musical Chairs
  • Ask teachers what they would like to play
2. Paint
The first day was solely based on getting things organized, thus we have created a plan. Through this i have improved a lot on my organization skills and time management as well as co-operating well with my classmates to plan the following day. 



Day Two Reflection


I have been assigned to the paint group.
Members of Paint group:
Kasturi
Maheshi
Yuko
I was sectioned for the outside paint group. 
Today was somewhat extremely successful. Firstly we had painted all the outer walls. Painting was something I was completely new to, thus, mixing it was quite foreign to me. However with the help of Kasturi we did the job quite perfectly. Thus, it is evident of how we are working well as a team, and of how i was trying something new .





Day ThreeReflection

Today was re last day for referbishing the school. We were still in the same grops however our assignments were replaced.
Goal for today: paint doors with enamel and perform concert.
What i had learned today was… well ENAMEL IS SO MUCH HARDER TO PAINT WITH THAN WATER-BASED PAINT.
We: me, kasturi, maheshi and yuko. What we thought to ourselves, four people… two colors… division of labor. This was an instance where I think is a perfect is a perfect example of working collaboratively . For maheshi and Yuko was going to paint the yellow and Kasturi and I were on white.
For trying something new. I worked with enamel paint on wood. It was extremely challenging.

Improvements for Week Without Walls
Impovements
1. more time
2. appliances
  • paint thinner
  • more brushes
3. ask them to be more self sufficient
  • learnt after cleaning door

No comments:

Post a Comment