Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Goals

 Goals.
Creativity
1. SGA 
Student Government Association. Executive Committee. Secretary. 
As I have never been part of the SGA committee as i had just been introduced to the IB system just about a year ago, taking such a huge responsibility for the welfare of the student body is going to be a foreign challenge that i have to undertake this year. I have to work collaboratively with the other members of the SGA executive not mentioning the SGA representatives as well. While I am a member of the SGA executive, I plan on stepping up to present my opinion on matters and of how i could improve the school for the student body. I am very thankful that i am able to be in this committee because i would be able to make a difference on the students’ experiences here in OSC. To do this we must plan and initiate activities and persevere and be commited to our duties. As i am the Secretary of the SGA, my job is to handle most of the communication aspects of the job. I have to type the minutes, handle the SGA Newsletter Page , call people when I am need to, etc. In meetings, I must always take notes so that I can refer to them later and share them with the team. Alot of what I do also includes giving advice to the rest of the team based on what notes I took. To do this i must develop and maintain organizational skills which are essential to be a good secretary for the SGA.
2. Versus Cancer Musical
I had auditioned to sing for the Versus Cancer Hospital and had been selected for it.  i would be singing an acousitc song that i have organised with my guitarist who is not from osc. This makes me arrange my time according to my school work and I have to get him to come to my house for practice. this is not very conventional for me as he lives about a hour away from my house not mentioning he has work till 6. This way i have to orgainize my time according to both of our agendas.

3. Latin Dancing every Friday

4. Yearbook every tuesday afternoon

5. MUN for after school activities

Action
1. SAISA swim team
2. Recruited for SAISA football (goalie)
3. Basketball Training every saturday morning
4. Community Basketball (saturdays)

Service
1. SGA raising funds for PAkistan
2. MUscial - hope for kids
3. Habitat for humanity

No comments:

Post a Comment