Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011


  • 18th of September - The Cancer Hospital Concert
    I know this is very late that i am entering this event onto the blog, but i think that this is one of those events that were extremely important for changing my character.
    The Cancer Hospital Concert that I was planning to sing for was held on the 18th of September 2010. I had auditioned for this two months ago at the end of July, and was very excited that I had got in. This was because this would be the first time that i would be performing in from of the OSC crowd. I wanted to get this right. i wanted to do it well. It was something i wanted to perfect, as first opinions were important. I was planning to sing “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga, as i had never explored hip hop music before. I was used to singing slow heavy rock music such as “Over You” by Daughtry and other Lifehouse pieces. I wanted to change and add a little more variety to the way i sing. I had gotten a guitarist and we had been practicing for the past month to perfect this song. Not forgetting to mention I had been interacting with another guitarist about 3 months ago however, that seemed to fall apart because of song choice and personal taste. It was a week before the musical… and my second guitarist told me he was not able to make it. he had another “gig” on the same day. You could say I was clueless and infuriated, and on the verge of giving up. No. I didnt. I found another guitarist. We had two sessions to practice another song. Two days till the concert. He said he wouldnt show up. 
    “Great.” i thought to myself, along with a couple of inappropriate swear words here and there. 
    On the actual day, i had no guitarist and all THREE of them did not come. I went up on stage alone. 
    All I could see was the light that was on me and the mike in front of me, and I began to sing with no one backing me up. I stared infront of me. Closed my eyes and sang. 
    It was faster than i had expected it to be, I could hear the crowd clapping and cherring me on while i sang completely and utterly helpless on stage. AFter my item, i was congratulated for my courage and persistence. This event was one of those moments when you realize some truth that you had never realized before, you may even call it a sudden epiphany. I know this seems quite cliche, but I had never known that I could have done it. And no matter what obstacles are in my way, one will succeed, if you put your mind to it.
    Thus, the moral of this event is, (this is a pretty awesome quote… IT SHOULD BE FAMOUS!)
    “Persistance is dependent on one’s own determination, and determination is what will carry you to success.”

No comments:

Post a Comment