Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Model United Nations

Model United nations was by far the most interesting CAS activity I had unertaken for the past 2 years. Although I had only slept 45 minutes for the past 36 hours (which is something i am quite proud of and shows my committment and persevereance), the outcome of the conference was nothing short of amazing.

With reference to my goals, I had achieved all of them and more.
1. I was able to learn about global issues as a whole, especially by visiting other committees. As the Chair of the 3rd Committee also known as SOCHA, I was well-versed in humanitarian issues and economic effects on a social basis. However, by visiting GA 1, GA 2, ECOSOC and the Security Council, I was able to learn more about the social issues at hand through different perspectives.
The Theme at hand was the Energy Crisis, so while i visisted the First Com, I learnt about the military issues (terrorism) through the development of nuclear power. Through the Second com, I learnt about the effects on the globe through the develeopment of an industry and in my com, we discussed the social issues of nuclear power.

2. I learnt more about each countries stance on global issues. By chairing a committee with around 150 delegates, I am bound to learn something about each country. While Israel completely prioratized social issues over its ecobnomic benefits the African countries supported it however encourages other countries to help them build the plants.

3. One of the most successful things goals I had achieved was the interaction with the delegates.
4. I was able to collaborate with my fellow chairs to make the committee more interesting. Furthermore, our committee was also able to win BEST COMMITTEE for the conference and also, I was voted best Chair due to my

Be able to organize myself and interact with the delegates
Understand how the UN world as a body
World collaboratively with my fellow EXCO members
ENJOY MYSELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment