Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Model United Nations

In the beginnign of the year, The Executive Committee had hosted 3 practice debates. I planned and initiated activities and worked collaboratively with the other chairs of my committe  to prepare the delegates for the Final conference in March. In each of the practice debates we focused on three topics that affect the world:

1. Criminalization of arranged marriages between individuals below the required marriage age.
2. Protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms while countering terrorism.
3. Global Elimination of xenophobia through the establishment of a strict and standardised educational system and curriculum.
 hence the Chairs, the delegates and I are engaged with issues of global importance.


On the days of the conference, my committee will be focusing on :
  1. Prioritizing social issues over economic benefits of nuclear power plants.
  2. The impact of a greener economy on socially vulnerable groups such as women, children and the uneducated.
As I am a chair of the 3rd Committee, in other words chair of the SOCHA, I have to focus on human rights and the ethical implications of my actions on my committee. My dicisions on issues will not only affect the outcome of the conference by affects this thinking of the delegates. 

The Exuctive members this year are pioneernig a new form of conference. A "Green" Conference. We are attempting to revolutionize the COMUN, and modernizing its techniques. By diong this I am undertaking new challenges. We, as a new generation, should try to do what our parents cannot. Reduce our carbon footprint. The Executive Commitee is attempting to reduce its carbon footbrint by half.

No comments:

Post a Comment